The KTRC aims to:
- build a database on information and knowledge on climate change science, impacts and risks/hazards and DRRM in Baguio and Benguet;
- catalogue and make accessible to the public the knowledge products/materials on climate change and disasters.
- assess the effects of WFP Phase 1 activities in two municipalities, namely Tublay and Atok in Benguet;
- develop modules and design a field school format training on DRRM for local government units and their stakeholders
- popularize materials that can be used in the local communities of Baguio and Benguet. This will involve production of printed materials (pamphlets, comics, posters, and other educational, instructional, and public awareness materials) in a language that most people in the community will understand
- develop and manage an InfoBoard SMS System in close collaboration with local government units and the telecommunications company, SMART
- continue the conduct of weathering monitoring using automated weather stations installed in the municipality of Tublay